Today, Governor Eric J. Holcomb will honor 34 Indiana companies with the Governor’s Century or Half Century Business Award, recognizing each company for its longevity and service to its employees, community and the state.
"Today, we honor Indiana businesses that have withstood the test of time, helping to drive Indiana's economy forward,” Governor Eric J. Holcomb said. "I am thrilled to celebrate this year's honorees and their integral role in building one of the nation's best business climates. Together, I'm confident we will continue to take Indiana to the next level, ensuring Indiana is the best place to start a business, grow a business and get a job."
The Governor’s Century and Half Century Business Awards honor Hoosier businesses that have remained in operation for a minimum of 100 or 50 consecutive years and have also demonstrated a commitment to community service. More than 1,400 companies from across the state have been recognized during the 26-year history of the award.
The Century Award honorees for 2016 are:
- DeMotte State Bank, a community banking and service organization, has grown to 11 offices and nearly $400 million in assets.
100 years; Jasper, Lake, Newton, Porter and Starke counties
- The Ford Meter Box Company Inc. is a leading manufacturer in the waterworks industry. Ford Meter Box products are sold throughout the United States and in more than 70 countries worldwide.
119 years; Wabash County
- Frurip May Funeral Home began providing funeral services for the community in 1904, helping to plan and pay tribute to the community's loved ones.
100 years; LaGrange County
- Kennedy Tank & Manufacturing, a fifth-generation, family-owned manufacturing and specialty contracting company, was founded in 1898 in Indianapolis.
119 years; Marion County
- MedPro Group, the nation’s first provider of healthcare liability insurance, has grown to more than 200,000 clients, serving as the national leader in customized insurance, claims, patient safety and risk solutions for healthcare professionals and facilities.
118 years; Allen County
- Michael Kinder & Sons Inc., a fourth-generation, family-owned construction business, started with three workers and an old mule more than 125 years ago. Today, the company has grown into a regional design-build and construction firm.
125 years, Allen County
- Ottenweller Company, founded by Ed Ottenweller in 1916 as a blacksmith and iron repair shop with only six employees, is a metal fabrication company that has grown to serve customers in two-thirds of the U.S., including Fortune 500 companies.
100 years; Allen County
- LMC Workholding, the present entity of Logansport Machine Company, is a producer of workholding and wheel-manufacturing products. The company was founded more than one century ago with $6,000 of capital to make parcel post scales and electric fans.
101 years; Cass County
The Half Century Award honorees for 2016:
- Arni’s, a family-owned restaurant with 18 locations throughout Indiana and its own commissary kitchen and distribution company, is famous for its thin crust pizza and also serves subs, sandwiches, salads, burgers, pasta, desserts and more.
52 years; Tippecanoe County
- Bowmar, a company serving the aerospace and defense industries, has been in operations for more than six decades and is recognized as a leader for human-machine interface solutions, custom gear products, line replaceable units (LRU’s) and subsystems.
66 years; Allen County
- Bright & Williamson Insurance Agency, an insurance agency, has been serving its local community since 1921.
96 years; Brown County
- Browning Day Mullins Dierdorf, an architecture, interior design, landscape architecture and planning firm, has earned both local and international recognition for its projects, which include the Veteran’s Memorial Plaza, Monument Circle and the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
50 years; Marion County
- Cassady Electric, a service provider in the electrical field, performs commercial and residential electrical construction services as a family-owned business and is certified by the state of Indiana as a Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE).
52 years; Monroe County
- Chester Inc., founded in 1947 by Orville Redenbacher and Charles Bowman, is structured into three primary divisions: architectural and construction, information technologies and agricultural systems.
70 years; Porter County
- Cook Medical¸ a family-owned medical device manufacturer, makes 16,000 products that serve 13 hospital lines in 135 countries, employing more than 7,000 Hoosiers around the state of Indiana.
54 years; Monroe County
- Curran Miller Auction / Realty, a third-generation, family-owned business specializing in the sale of real estate, agricultural land and personal property, conducts more than 100 auctions per year over a wide geographic area.
81 years; Vanderburgh County
- Grandview Aluminum Products, a supplier of cast bronze and aluminum plaques, which began with only four workers, has grown into one of the nation’s top suppliers of cast bronze and aluminum plaques, serving distributors in all 50 states.
52 years; Spencer County
- Indiana Limestone Company, a leading supplier of limestone building materials, has provided the material in iconic structures such as the Empire State Building, the National Cathedral, more than half the state capitols in the U.S., and 15 Central Park West in New York City.
91 years; Lawrence County
- Hoosier Racing Tire, a provider of racing tires both internationally and domestically, was founded in 1957 and today is recognized as the largest race tire manufacturer in the world.
60 years; St. Joseph County
- Hostetler Tire & Auto Sales, a fourth-generation tire and auto service provider, was established in 1949 by a long-time LaGrange County resident.
68 years; LaGrange County
- Kimball International creates design driven, innovative furnishings sold through its family of brands: Kimball Office, National Office Furniture, and Kimball Hospitality. The company's diverse portfolio offers solutions for the workplace, learning, healing and hospitality environments.
67 years; Dubois County
- Korte Does It All is a family-owned and operated electrical, heating, cooling and plumbing contractor proudly serving both residential and commercial customers in Northeast Indiana since 1965.
52 years; Allen County
- LaGrange Veterinary Clinic, a provider of care for both large and small animals, has been serving its community since 1959.
58 years; LaGrange County
- Lewis & Lambright Inc., an auctioneer, real estate and appraisal business, hosts between 130 to 180 auctions every year, including real estate, personal property and commercial auctions.
62 years; LaGrange County
- Metzger Trucking, a trucking company located in northern Indiana, has 48 state authorities and can ship products anywhere in the U.S.
75 years; Kosciusko County
- Northern Cashway, a family-owned business, provides building materials and contract services for its customers, which include contractors and weekend do-it-yourselfers.
61 years; LaGrange County
- O’Malia’s Living is creating family memories around fireplaces and HVAC through O'Malias Comfort Living and outdoor furniture and BBQ's through O'Malia's Outdoor Living. Family-owned and community proud, O'Malia's Living operates a retail and service showroom in Carmel.
51 years; Hamilton County
- Pacers Sports & Entertainment is home to the NBA Indiana Pacers, WNBA Indiana Fever, NBA D-League Fort Wayne Mad Ants and Bankers Life Fieldhouse, which serves as Indiana’s most widely-used public facility, hosting basketball, concerts and other events.
50 years; Marion County
- Professional Glass, a local glass shop, is a third-generation, family-owned small business. The company has proudly been serving its community since 1967, supporting local events and organizations.
50 years; Vermillion County
- Rea Magnet Wire Company, the largest producer of magnet wire in North America, employs more than 1,200 people across its five plants and four joint ventures in North America and China.
84 years; Allen County
- Robert Weed Plywood, a value-added fabricator and wholesale distributor of wood, composite and associate products, serves customers in multiple industries across North America.
51 years; Elkhart County
- Superior Manufacturing Corporation, a family-owned manufacturer of water conditioners, has been operating since 1964, controlling lime, scale and corrosion without the use of chemicals in industrial, commercial and residential properties.
56 years; Allen County
- Tic Toc Trophy Shop, a custom awards manufacturer, was founded in 1957 and provides quality recognition and personalization awards, trophies, plaques, medals and professional engraving for any event.
56 years; Fulton County
- Umber’s Do It Best Hardware, a family-owned business with four generations of the Umber family, has served the full-service hardware needs of Fort Wayne for 73 years.
73 years; Allen County
555 Eastport Centre Drive, IN 46383
Visit Chester Inc. Partner Profile