Energy costs continue to rise, but these simple home tips can help maximize your energy spending:
- Turn off anything you’re not using – s, computer, television, radio, etc. Unplug appliances and electronics.
- Swap out standard light bulbs for energy-efficient ones.
- In anticipation of winter, weatherize your home. Use caulk or a weather strip to seal any door or window that leaks air.
- Upgrade the insulation in your attic.
- Use the dishwasher, washer and dryer only for a full load.
- Encourage everyone in the house to take shorter showers.
- Regularly change the filter on your air conditioner.
- Repair leaky faucets immediately.
- Keep the thermostat under 70 degrees in winter (and a few degrees cooler than the outside temperature in summer).
- Turn the heat down (or the air conditioning up) when you’re at work during the day or gone for other long periods.
For a variety of insurance services,
Copyright © 2019 Ideas in Motion Media