State Sen. Ed Charbonneau (R-Valparaiso) welcomed the following pages to the Statehouse in January:
- Katelynn Culp, daughter of Plymouth residents Duane and Jacquelynn Culp. She is an eighth-grade student at Lincoln Junior High School.
- Joseph Funk, son of Valparaiso residents Andrew and Jennifer Funk. He is a sixth-grade student at Washington Township Middle School.
- Joe Helminski, son of Valparaiso residents Walt and Connie Helminski. He attends Chesterton High School.
- Maggie Phillips, daughter of Plymouth resident Donna Georgen. Phillips is an eighth-grade student at Lincoln Junior High School.
- Ashley and Katelyn Smith, daughters of Valparaiso residents Marc and Kathleen Smith. Ashley is a sophomore at Valparaiso High School and Katelyn is an eighth-grade student at Benjamin Franklin Middle School.
Pages tour the Statehouse, meet policymakers and observe session from the Senate floor.
“This opportunity allows students to participate in the legislative process and discover how they are affected by state government,” Charbonneau said.
Students in grades six through 12 can participate in the page program on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays throughout the session, which ends March 14 this year.
For more information about the Senate page program, call 1-800-382-9467.